2006-08-10

Thoughts on Israel

I don't know why I have not written on Israel earlier than now, I am very passionate about what I think here. I stand in support Israel, even if it means my life.

Thankfully most of the U.S. seems to be very supportive of Israel, and in my opinion it is one of the few correct decisions that the Bush Administration has made as of late (that and the decision not to pay for fetal stem-cell research - I don't want my tax money going to pay for that).

I honestly have even had this small voice in the back of my head urging me to offer to fight in the IDF, but for other reasons I don't think it's what I am supposed to do. I certainly would be willing to though.

There is really only one point that I would like to make about this, mostly because I don't think that there is much contention about this in the U.S. at this point. My only real issue is the idea of "proportional force." What a crock. I honestly cannot believe I am hearing this.

When armies use proportional force, wars last decades or even centuries instead of days. People don't die as quickly, but in the long run the result is more deaths, more animosity for a much longer period of time, and a constant state of war instead of a brief one. The idea behind war is to win, not to sustain it.

The UN has been calling for a cease fire since the first Israeli artillery round was shot (but they didn't care about Hesbollah's rockets). There is even some evidence that the UN has helped Hesbollah before the war to get the rockets in place, and during the war- when Israel bombed the UN building it was apparently also flying a Hesbollah flag. I have a hunch it was a little more than that.

The UN in my opinion is the worst thing that humanity has ever produced. I rate the UN below Hesbollah, below the Nazis, even below my old boss. The funny thing is that I'm not afraid of them. The UN is the stupidest, most incompetent group of tyrants that the world has ever seen. Who are they to tell Israel to stop defending itself? Who are they to tell anyone anything?

Once again I am going to shut it before I say something that isn't covered in the 1st Amendment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home