2005-01-25

TSA Has Caught 922 Terrorists!

How many terrorists has TSA caught? According to a CNN article, "Local police arrested 922 people at checkpoints, though how many of those resulted in convictions is not known." (SARCASM) 922 terrorists! That's great! (/SARCASM)

And TSA is keeping guns off of planes:
-"A test last spring by the Transportation Security Administration showed screeners found knives only 70 percent of the time and missed one in four guns."
-"During March, the first full month the TSA was in charge of screeners, 409,801 items were confiscated, including 4,711 box cutters and 55 guns. Last month, 326,793 items were taken, including 1,132 box cutters and 61 guns."
-"'If that's how many they've found, how many still got through?' he asked."
Let's answer that question. Looking at these statistics (about 60 guns per month found at a 75% success rate), that means about 15 guns and at about 800 box cutters per month make it through the checkpoints and board aircraft. Isn't it amazing that the skies are not raining blood from all the carnage onboard aircraft? In fact, I have not heard of a single shooting aboard a plane, even with 15 guns per month. I wonder why that might be. Perhaps because these people are NOT terrorists?

"He credits the TSA with making air travel safer." Oh really? Look at this:

"David Stempler, president of the Air Travelers Association, said the vast majority of confiscated items are things people simply forgot to leave at home."

"Airports have various ways of getting rid of items taken from passengers. Washington Reagan National Airport sends them to a metal grinder before they're melted down, while several California airports -- including San Jose Mineta International Airport and Oakland International Airport -- offer them on the eBay online auction site, Turmail said."

I don't fly any more. A few months ago I found a live 9mm round in my jacket lining. I don't know how it got there, but I shoot often so I wasn't surprised (although I scolded myself and told myself to be more careful). I had flown with that jacket only a few weeks before, and while I will never know for sure, the bullet was very likely there when I flew. Had they seen it, they would have arrested 923 "terrorists."

I am afraid to fly because it is unsafe. It is VERY unsafe, in fact, every time you fly you are SURE to get searched for anything that TSA or the airport wants to steal from you, at gunpoint, so they can sell it on eBay. And if they find anything they don't like, you risk going to jail and/or getting convicted on felony charges, even if it was a mistake. I would rather take my chances with the terrorists and a gun in my hand.

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TRAVEL/03/10/airport.security.ap/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home